Menlo Park: Aerial view of food truck event

Original post made on Feb 20, 2014

Bruce Deal sent us this aerial view of the food truck event at the Caltrain parking lot in Menlo Park on Wednesday night, Feb. 19.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, February 19, 2014, 7:21 PM

Posted by GoodNight
on Feb 20, 2014 at 7:42 am

It was a nice night out. Plenty of people, saw a few aquaintences we hadn't seen in a while, all and all it was a good thing.

Posted by Micah
on Feb 20, 2014 at 9:45 am

Fun night and lots of great food options, first time in my two years of living in Menlo I've seen so many 20-35 yr old people in one place.

Posted by Scott McMahon
a resident of Menlo Park: The Willows
on Feb 20, 2014 at 12:40 pm

We stopped by, and though we are usually quite happy with the gourmet truck fare, we found essentially no vegetarian options last night, and since we had vegetarians in the party, decided to move on. We'll most likely be back, but will have to check the truck list more thoroughly before we go next time.

Posted by tom h
on Feb 20, 2014 at 3:06 pm

good event people outdoors having fun. But no food there for me I am a vegetarian , i am hoping they will see the light and serve veggies. anyway at least there was something going on in Menlo
i will try next week

Posted by Veg too
on Feb 20, 2014 at 4:10 pm

I agree with Tom. Great community feel, needed some food for non-meat eaters. Kara's Cupcakes didn't quite cut it. Also, I was hoping to see some local restaurants. Maybe next week.

Posted by Vegan
on Feb 20, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Agreed, this would be a great opportunity for more local restaurants to showcase their fare. Or even stop by and pass out some samples or coupons to their businesses. As a vegetarian, I was very pleased with my tofu bun from the Chairman truck, and a tofu salad from one of the vendors serving Vietnamese fare. Some lighter/healthier/organic food options with more veggies (less greasy/meat) would be welcome, as would some vegan desserts. Of course seeing the LONG line at the Waffle truck probably doesn't help my cause.

Posted by Curious
a resident of Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
on Feb 21, 2014 at 9:49 am

wonder how our other local eateries fared compared to a typical Wednesday night? Increase or decrease in their sales??

Posted by Jackie
a resident of Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
on Feb 21, 2014 at 10:55 am

I had such a great time on Wednesday night! I strolled over with my hubby and baby and met other little families there too. It was great! I can't wait to go every week.

I think it was technically a "soft open" and going forward there will be more trucks and presumably they will include more vegetarian/vegan options. I know many other trucks include those options (hello, it's the Bay Area..) Some more seating would be great too! I did see people in Off the Grid shirts taking notes as they were walking around.

I also thought it was nice that there was a sign promoting Borrone and Kepler's!

Posted by Loved IT!
on Feb 21, 2014 at 12:36 pm

Enough said.

Posted by Kathe
on Feb 21, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Good vegetarian wrap from the Peruvian food truck

Posted by SteveC
on Feb 21, 2014 at 2:30 pm

SteveC is a registered user.

Interesting comments. A variety of foods should be available, including vegan. I thought it was a little strange that two bbq trucks were at the event. I hope they do better the next event.

Posted by fun
on Feb 22, 2014 at 3:55 pm

This sounds like a lot of fun. I hope the Almanac can send a reporter to one of these events.