Post a New Topic
Original post made
on May 1, 2014
Welll look at this,
Two active Menlo Park residents MORITZ and THELE-SARDINA raise our fees to 9%. Not many people follow this kind of stuff, but some of us do and we don't forget. People in glass houses should not throw stones. You guys need to get your own house in order and start putting a constructive and positive light on some of the accomplishments of other government bodies in our area. I'm surprised you guys did not use pension cost as an excuse to raise fees!!!!! Wait, I'm sure it's coming!
Ronald W. Shepherd, C.P.A., President
David Walker, Secretary
Fran Dehn, Member
Edward P. Moritz, Member, Treasurer
Roy Thiele-Sardiña, Member
This is a well justified price increase that was properly noticed and placed at the top of the board's agenda to facilitate public comments.
It is totally inappropriate to attempt to vilify the directors for voting this action without any knowledge of the facts.
And it is NOT the West Bay Sanitary District role to " start putting a constructive and positive light on some of the accomplishments of other government bodies in our area."
Don't forget about the firefighters . Will you give them a 9% raise...I bet not!
Are you just not answering? Will you consider giving the firefighters at least a 9% raise? Avoiding the question? I bet you are!!
If I'm not mistaken, WBSD also recently voted to increase their own compensation.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Calave wine bar opens in Palo Alto
By Elena Kadvany | 12 comments | 2,559 views
OK I Changed The Title
By Laura Stec | 13 comments | 914 views
Family Outing - Inside Out
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 579 views
Relay for Life, Menlo Park, August 8
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 223 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.