San Mateo County Supervisor Carole Groom lied says Ling La

Original post made by Michael G. Stogner, another community, on May 8, 2014

Sam Trans Whistleblower Ling La responds to Carole Groom's comment from a candidate interview this week.

San Mateo County has a Whistleblower Policy that had Ling La contact Carole Groom about her fraud allegations at SamTrans, Carole Groom is on the Board for SamTrans and should have recused herself, she didn't.

Web Link

Posted by Answer
a resident of Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
on May 8, 2014 at 7:45 am

Good for whistleblower Ling La!! She has GUTS and GUMPTION. Very surprising that the Merc reported on this. Well, the times they are a changing, let's hope.

Mark De Paula, who is running against Groom needs to run with this issue:

I find Groom's response - and her subsequent excuses to the paper- to be shocking.

Excerpt:

"She's a liar, that's all I can say," Ling La said Wednesday in a phone interview. A recording of the voice message Groom left backs her claim, said La, who filed her suit in U.S. District Court on April 16.

"The voicemail just speaks for itself. She told me she wished me luck and work with HR, and that tells me that she doesn't want to bother with me."

In a one-minute message on July 2, 2013 that The Daily News listened to, Groom states:

"Hi this is Carole Groom, the chair of the SamTrans board, you left me a message. I want to tell you that I have talked to the senior, the executives at SamTrans and found out a little bit about this. And my message to you is, in fact I urge you, to continue to work with the HR department to resolve some of these issues and I, that's the course that you should follow. I urge you to visit with the HR department and read the report that had been issued upon some of the claims that you had made. I urge you to do that, I think that's the best course of action. Thank you very much for calling me and I wish you well. Bye bye."

In that message, Groom didn't leave any contact numbers.

When called Wednesday, Groom said that's not how she remembered the conversation.

"I apologize if I misled," Groom said. "I really have no recollection of that."

Posted by Answers
a resident of Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
on May 8, 2014 at 7:58 am

Some comments are beginning to trickle in under the Merc. story. Darlene Flaim- who has posted comments here at the Almanac- posted this comment today:

"Higher authorities outside of CA should be investigating what appears to be rampant corruption throughout San Mateo County local government. Part of the problem appears to be voters are not getting rid of those elected officials who are incompetent (or even a Sherriff found in a whorehouse by the FBI) and even some others who may be violating rules regarding vendors collecting money for county-related services....where's the oversight?
Come on citizens, raise your voice and make some changes in June 2014!"

Posted by Headline
on May 8, 2014 at 8:21 am

Although I'm happy the Mercury ran this story, the headline is misleading. The Mercury actually VERIFIED Groome lied by comparing her endorsement interview answer to the actual voice mail recording Ling La has. It's not just an allegation by Ling La.

Posted by Scott
a resident of Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
on May 8, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Wait - the issue is Supervisor Groom said she left her call back number, but did not? That's the big lie?

You can get it on Google.

I don't see any corruption here.

Posted by Michael G. Stogner
on May 8, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Scott, the both phone numbers is just one of the issues, Ling La was reporting massive fraud millions and was told to contact Supervisor Carole Groom, She told Ling to work it out with HR, after she had contacted the management of SamTrans.

This might help….Web Link

Posted by Read the article
a resident of Atherton: other
on May 9, 2014 at 1:56 am

Scott:

You must not have read the story. Ling la called a whistle blowerre hot line. The hot line transferred her call to Carol Groom. Carol Groom told the paper that she then called La and said she could help her.

Turns out that Groome DIDNT help. In the voice mail she tells her that this was strictly an HR issue and that La needed to deal with this problem with HR.

She completely lied about what she told La.

Posted by Anne
a resident of Atherton: West Atherton
on May 10, 2014 at 7:15 pm

I really think Carol Groom should retire.

Posted by Menlo Voter
on May 10, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Carole Groom should be thrown out of office.

Posted by Send her packing
on May 11, 2014 at 12:49 am

If there's a Nobel Prize for wagon circling, Carole Groom should win, hands down.

I'd like to think our elected representatives could be doing more for us than constantly covering for their fellow cronies at the public trough. Wagstaffe for Munks, Groom for both of them, Horsley for Groom, Groom for Horsley, Munks for Bolanos...

Talk about a vicious circle.

Posted by Anne
a resident of Atherton: West Atherton
on May 11, 2014 at 10:15 am

Let's face it Carole Groom is senile. Also, there is way too much back scratching in our county.

Posted by Michael G. Stogner
on May 11, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Dave Pine gave a great speech to the Board of Supervisors about why the VOTERS of San Mateo County should have picked who replaced Jerry Hill. The man behind Dave with the tie on is very uncomfortable with this subject. He is also the reason Carole Groom was appointed by 3 Supervisors, one who herself was appointed.

Web Link

Thank You, Dave Pine for trying.

Posted by Thank you
on May 11, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Who is the man with the tie?

Jon Mays, editor of the San Mateo Daily Journal ,endorsed Carole Grion. Why?

Does the Almanac endorse candidates?

Posted by Michael G. Stogner
on Nov 23, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Michael G. Stogner is a registered user.

The man in the tie with glasses is Bill Nack of Labor.

He is one of only a couple of people in the entire County that did not favor the voters filling this position, The other person was Shelly Kessler also of labor imagine that.