Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jun 17, 2014
PLEASE use the funds from the Parcel Tax to improve infrastructure and deferred maintenance projects! This tax passed by the super-majority required, so make good use of these funds. Capital improvements are essential.
The promise made by Lewis and Wiest was that if the parcel tax proved more than needed, it would be rebated to residents. What happened to that promise? What happened to the Almanac calling them on that promise?
But instead, first up to snatch a portion of the money is George Rodericks, with another huge raise given by the troika in exchange for him agreeing to ignore his job duties and give the cops a sweetheart deal, as required by the APOA when they gave their endorsements and donations to Lewis and Wiest.
See how corruption winds up in a never-ending spiral hurting the taxpayer?
"See how corruption winds up in a never-ending spiral hurting the taxpayer?"
You're the ones that keep insisting you need your own police department when you could get the same service for half the cost. And it would have the added benefit that your elected officials wouldn't be beholden to a police officers association. Seems like a pretty obvious choice to me.
To the Almanac: have you calculated the proposed percentage increase for Rodericks? Do you think that qualifies as a "small salary increase"?
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Freebirds Palo Alto shutters, Pieology to move in
By Elena Kadvany | 10 comments | 2,919 views
Deny the 429 Univ Ave Project Appeal
By Steve Levy | 7 comments | 1,200 views
Now Playing - Your Dinner!
By Laura Stec | 0 comments | 884 views
A Day Like Any Other
By Cheryl Bac | 2 comments | 422 views
Water War & Peace
By Paul Bendix | 1 comment | 294 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.