Post a New Topic
Original post made
by Menlo Park Resident, Menlo Park: Sharon Heights,
on Jun 22, 2014
Any reasonable person in this situation would settle, confidentially, for a fraction of what it would cost to go to trial.
It takes both parties to agree to settle. Things get more and more costly, but if one side won't settle, the other can't make him.
Is the question about attorney fees or settlement?
In this case, since no other parties or entities are a party to this lawsuit, you would have to presume that each litigant would pay their own attorney fees as well as payments made to the other parties as part of a monetary settlement.
Who else do you think would make these payments?
I would like to restate the questions to make them less ambiguous:
Does Woodell have to pay Kiraly's attorney's fees?
Does Kiraly have to pay Woodell's attorney's fees?
Do Woodell and Kiraly each pay their own attorney's fees?
Does anyone have the answer?
There is no point worrying about this. As posted earlier, a reasonable person would simply settle, and it would all be confidential.
Everyone pays their own attorneys. This is why it is always advantageous to settle.
There were actually three cases. Bernstein tried to sue Woodell and the court rejected his claims. Kiraly sued Woodell and he settled. The third case is ongoing.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Draeger’s Los Altos eyes upgrades, expansion
By Elena Kadvany | 4 comments | 2,886 views
Housing is for People
By Steve Levy | 23 comments | 1,870 views
College Visit: Lehigh and Lafayette
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 4 comments | 1,295 views
Is Coffee a Date?
By Laura Stec | 12 comments | 698 views
Gratitude, Repairing and Avoiding Affairs
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 474 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.