Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jul 8, 2014
Town never should have denied the Priory the right to install an artificial surface for sports. We should have it at all the schools, the town center, and the town fields. No watering. Think of the savings this summer. Very short sighted decision.
In order to balance water usage with supply, raise the price of water as needed. It's as simple as that.
Is it as simple as that when a community includes residents who have seemingly bottomless pockets, people for whom price is no object?
Really? You're bringing up the Priory again? And the whole artificial turf thing? Truly, you need to move to Atherton, or some other concrete/artificial jungle.
Joe, unless you think Sergey Brin and Tim Cook are at risk for drinking all the water in California, yes, it is.
Having witnessed scandalous drought-be-damned behavior on my very street, sorry, Joseph E. Davis, but I don't buy your argument.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Ramen shop replaces Muracciís in Los Altos
By Elena Kadvany | 12 comments | 2,520 views
"Itís Not About the Nail"
By Chandrama Anderson | 4 comments | 1,879 views
Now Playing - Your Dinner!
By Laura Stec | 0 comments | 750 views
A Day Like Any Other
By Cheryl Bac | 1 comment | 259 views
Water War & Peace
By Paul Bendix | 0 comments | 120 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.