Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jan 25, 2008
It's wonderful to see that so many people care about this; the Palo Alto Children's Theater is important for the community and important for the kids. I also agree very much with "Want to see it done," and think that we as parents and community members can make this work. Some things we can all do in the short term:
1) Call City Manager Frank Benest on whose authority the theater was closed and let him know how important this is to you; he is expected back in the office on Monday: (650) 329-2392. He is not an elected official (and is retiring in June), but he still may be sympathetic to public opinion.
2) Attend the city council meeting on Monday evening, January 28th (this Monday). 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, first floor of the Civic Center at 250 Hamilton in Palo Alto. "Oral communications" are heard at the beginning of the meeting, and can be on any topic; express before the council your support for the theater and the importance of re-opening it swiftly.
3) Join this Yahoo group and use it as a tool to connect and plan: Web Link Let's work toward organizing an interim structure to keep the current production moving toward its February 1st opening night. We have a huge wealth of talent, contacts and energy in this community -- all we need to do is organize it.
4) Directly contact the other parents and volunteers with whom you're personally acquainted.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Ramen shop replaces Muracciís in Los Altos
By Elena Kadvany | 12 comments | 2,520 views
"Itís Not About the Nail"
By Chandrama Anderson | 4 comments | 1,879 views
Now Playing - Your Dinner!
By Laura Stec | 0 comments | 750 views
A Day Like Any Other
By Cheryl Bac | 1 comment | 261 views
Water War & Peace
By Paul Bendix | 0 comments | 120 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.