Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Feb 6, 2008
In my mind, Katie Ferrick's letter only begins to scratch the surface of what's wrong with this project. How a project like this can continue to be supported is beyond my comprehension. Yet, $300 million have apparently been collected as part of the revenue of bridge tolls and dedicated to this project. If not for the fact that the project now is estimated to cost $600 million, it would be under construction today. Knowing how these estimates work, the project will most likely cost $1 billion.
Yet this project only provides a one-way track and thus is meant only for commuters who live in the east bay to commute over to our side. It thus has almost no use to west bay residents, but certainly is a darling of west bay developers, who want to put up more office buildings.
The project assumes the use of the old rail foundations, yet to this day, these have not been inspected to make sure they can support a new span. The Menlo Park chamber has been a leading advocate for this project regardless of the cost in quality of life to those residents who live near by.
Mayor Cohen was right to object to this project. There just has to be a better transit solution than this.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
I Told My Mom She's Dying
By Chandrama Anderson | 10 comments | 2,170 views
Grab a Bowl of Heaven soon in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 1,159 views
Fancy Fast and Fun!
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 689 views
Hit the Bus
By Paul Bendix | 4 comments | 378 views
“I live near Sunset”
By Stuart Soffer | 2 comments | 202 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.