Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Feb 27, 2008
We need new legislation to make the practice of indoctrinating students in the latest politically correct movement illegal. Whatever happened to critical thinking? We already are seeing students marked down for not agreeing with their teachers and professors. What happens if a students doesn't agree with the presenters? Are they sent home for violating the global warming hysteria code?
The religious dogma that has indoctrinated the minds of the public by Al Gore's scientifically unsubstantiated claims that Global warming is being caused by human beings and is now being implanted into youthful minds represents the worst in our education system.
Let us be clear. The earth is now indeed warming. It has been warming for at least 500 years. Let us also be clear. Whether human activity is having any measurable impact on global warming is at this time not known. To be preaching the writings of Al Gore to students of high school age is no less objectionable than the Muslin religious leaders indoctrinating the youth in Saudi Arabia. With this kind of education system there will never be any critical thinking.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
I Told My Mom She's Dying
By Chandrama Anderson | 13 comments | 2,599 views
Grab a Bowl of Heaven soon in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 2,017 views
Quick Check List for UC Applications
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 1,382 views
Fancy Fast and Fun!
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 996 views
“I live near Sunset”
By Stuart Soffer | 5 comments | 513 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.