Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Feb 16, 2009
Demand reinstatement of E-VERIFY? YOUR JOB IS IN PERIL!
WHO KILLED THE E-VERIFY IN THE STIMULUS PACKAGE? Thought the whole idea of the Stimulus bill was to support, the millions of unemployed AMERICAN WORKERS. Instead Speaker Pelosi and Senator Harry Reid in secret and no discussion killed E-Verify. It would have stopped illegal aliens getting jobs. Instead shows you that Politicians are still puppets of big business and the special interest lobbyists. E-Verify costs pennies instead of $ Billions to function?
THE SO CALLED US CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, PANDERS TO FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS!
HOW MANY BILLIONS OF DOLLARS COULD BE SAVED, IF US TAXPAYERS WERE NOT FORCED TO PAY FOR EDUCATION, HEALTH CARE AND OTHER GOVERNMENT BENEFITS, INCLUDING AN OVERCROWDED PRISON SYSTEM.
ALL THIS TO BENEFIT PREDATORY BUSINESSES WHO HIRE ILLEGAL ALIENS OVER AMERICANS.
Voice your anger at the politicians, by calling the Capital switchboard at (202) 224-3121 MAKE THEM SWEAT!
OH! YES! AND BUY AMERICAN!
She did not even read the bill. Our congressmen and senators are relying upon their staff, which they should, but they should read each bill and understand it before taking a position. Is that too much to ask?
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Teavana Palo Alto closes
By Elena Kadvany | 8 comments | 4,197 views
What Freshmen Should be Thinking About College
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 18 comments | 3,382 views
Waiting on the Edge of Death
By Chandrama Anderson | 8 comments | 2,041 views
Welcome Back Sugar Addict
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 1,800 views
Menlo Park Playing Nicely
By Paul Bendix | 1 comment | 388 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.