Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Apr 13, 2009
Mtn. Lions should be shot and have no place in this area. They have no business in a crowded area like this. The only reason they are around is because bleeding heart liberals had fund raising dinners to "save the mtn lion." [portion deleted] if you look at the distribution of the votes, all the nay votes were outside the city where people deal with them more ferquently as a threat to livestock and human life. The positive votes were from areas like LA and SF. Now those fools are paying the price.
The way that they used to be hunted is disgusting. That needs to changed but population control in dense areas needs to happen.
Do not get me wrong, I love wildlife. Unfortunately, man has spread into its area. This is a clash that is not good and dangerous to adults, children, etc.
Shoot, shovel and shut up.
A Concerned Citizen
Why doesn't everyone put the gun down and take a deep breath? Mountain lion sightings pick up every spring, and it's not a big deal.
You want to live in a wildlife-free zone? Perhaps someday you can find housing on the moon. Even big cities have their rats, raptors and pigeons.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Continuation of Office Cap Discussion
By Steve Levy | 9 comments | 2,697 views
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 1 comment | 1,971 views
Ramen shop replaces Muracciís in Los Altos
By Elena Kadvany | 5 comments | 1,409 views
"Itís Not About the Nail"
By Chandrama Anderson | 3 comments | 1,363 views
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 1,174 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.