Post a New Topic
Original post made
on May 20, 2009
Well. I could have predicted it, and so have many others. Do you ever check the internet? Do you really think this is just some odd, unpredictable event that just happened to happen? That it is a "recession" that just came up upon us unexpectedly? Have you talked to any of the people who work for a living, and see why they don't wish to work to support government employees getting $100,000+++ a year for eternity? That they don't wish to "loan" GM $14,000,000,000 that now will "probably not be repaid".
Didn't you see the 3 days of videos of the GM workers in a bar, in the middle of the day, drinking beer --- and then denying it, even though it was on video tape at the local TV station? Don't you know that California wishes to grant everything to everyone but now suddenly cannot pay for it?
Biden and Obama: free University for everyone. Yahoo!
I know. Let's raise taxes again. That will solve everything!
You say we all want from government. Well, I don't. I just want government to leave me alone - which it won't . So, what do many hard workers and earners like me do? Opt out?
Why else would revenue "fall 40%"? Why? I suggest you think about it, and talk to someone who doesn't get from the government but has to give to it, again and again and again. Signed, THX-1138 if you haven't seen it, you should.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Help! I’m Covered in Bugs
By Laura Stec | 2 comments | 1,592 views
Calave wine bar opens in Palo Alto
By Elena Kadvany | 5 comments | 1,383 views
Constitution Guarantees Nationwide Right to Same-Sex Marriage
By Chandrama Anderson | 26 comments | 1,290 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.