Post a New Topic
Original post made
by robert alvarez, Menlo Park: The Willows,
on Dec 21, 2006
Robert - I sympathize with your complaints about the noise from small planes over Menlo Park. They ought to be required to exercise their expensive toys out over the ocean where they won't bother people who don't share their enthusiasm for "burning a hole in the sky," which is how amateur pilots tend to talk.
I called Palo Alto Airport in the distant past. I seem to recall that there is next to nothing that anyone can do.
This is a problem on the other side of the Bay too, and small plane noise is driving me crazy. All day long, especially on the
weekends, small private planes are buzzing above Fremont.
Fremont used to be a quiet town, but within the last few years, the airspace above it has became the training ground for flight schools and private pilots.
These recreational flyers can only practice their hobby if they have
someone else's land to fly over.
They are not simply navigating from point A to point B. They have
navigated to our back yards and are now loitering above us either
sightseeing or practicing noisy maneuvers that serve no purpose other
than to please the pilots and to enrich those who rented or sold them
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Why I Became Active in Palo Alto Forward
By Steve Levy | 12 comments | 2,358 views
Early Decision Blues
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 2,021 views
What Are Menlo Park’s Priorities?
By Erin Glanville | 30 comments | 1,265 views
Death with Dignity
By Chandrama Anderson | 2 comments | 1,159 views
By Paul Bendix | 1 comment | 431 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.