Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Feb 18, 2010
The "outreach meetings" are no substitute, and can never be a substitute, for the civillian police review board.
Guerra's comment about "the reason he took the [chief] job" is arrogant and over the top.
"The only reason I took this promotion was..."
I believe Guerra's comment is very revealing.
He knew the only way that any internally selected Chief would survive responsibility for the Departments ongoing mistakes, would be with the firm commitment of the city manager to continue the cover up and PR spin--a mutually beneficial arrangement that has nothing to do with what is best for either the Town or the PD
This is just plain silly.
Chief Guerra said his admiration for the management team put together by Mr. Gruber is the reason he took the job. He's focused on keeping crime from neighboring jurisdictions from infiltrating Atherton, he said.
You have had Atherton Police Chief's in the past Illegally accessing the Criminal Computer system. You have had an Atherton Police Officer stealing from a resident. You currently have at least one Atherton Police Officer who has falsified a Police Report against a resident Mr. Buckheit.
Your new Chief admires the management team.......WOW He needs to focus on protecting the residents from his Police Department.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Teavana Palo Alto closes
By Elena Kadvany | 5 comments | 2,674 views
USA - United Stuffed of America
By Laura Stec | 2 comments | 1,899 views
Sometimes the Rules Go Out the Window
By Cheryl Bac | 5 comments | 1,546 views
What Freshmen Should be Thinking About College
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 3 comments | 675 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.