Flu Shot Clinics Come to Menlo Park
Original post made by Shelly Gordon, Menlo Park: Downtown, on Oct 13, 2006
On average, 5-20% of the population gets the flu each year; more than 200,000 people are hospitalized from flu complications; and 36,000 people die from the disease. The single best way to prevent the flu is to get a flu vaccination each fall.
While anyone who wants to reduce their chances of getting the flu should get vaccinated, the Centers for Disease Control recommends especially those at highest risk from complications of the flu receive a shot. This includes:
- persons 65 years and older
- residents of nursing homes and other long term care facilities
- those with lung or heart disorders
- those with diabetes, kidney disease or weakened immune systems
- pregnant women
- health care workers
- those who are in close contact with persons at high risk from the flu.
The fee for the Sutter VNA & Hospice flu vaccine is $25 each. Pneumonia shots are also available for $35 each.
Flu shots are available for adults and children, ages 9-13 (with a doctor's note) and 13-18 (with parental permission). There is no charge for flue and pneumonia vaccines with proof of Medicare Part B (red/white/blue card). Sutter VNA & Hospice can bill Medicare for your immunization.
Menlo Park Flu Clinics:
· Preuss Pharmacy, 844 Santa Cruz Ave., Menlo Park, Tuesday 10/17/2006, 12:00pm-3:00pm
· Preuss Pharmacy, 844 Santa Cruz Ave., Menlo Park, Tuesday 10/24/2006, 12:00pm-3:00pm
· Menlo Park Pharmacy, 1610 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, Saturday 10/28/2006, 10:00am-12:30pm
· Draeger's Supermarket, 1010University Ave., Menlo Park, Sunday 10/29/2006, 12:00pm-3:00pm
· Draeger's Supermarket, 1010University Ave., Menlo Park, Saturday 11/4/2006, 12:00pm-3:00pm
· Preuss Pharmacy, 844 Santa Cruz Ave., Menlo Park, Tuesday 11/7/2006, 12:00pm-3:00pm
· Menlo Park Pharmacy, 1610 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, Saturday 11/11/2006, 10:00am-12:30pm
· Preuss Pharmacy, 844 Santa Cruz Ave., Menlo Park, Tuesday 11/14/2006, 12:00pm-3:00pm
Employees-turned-owners revamp Cafe Alto, open new restaurant
By Elena Kadvany | 3 comments | 3,810 views
Reducing Congestion and Parking Challenges While Respecting the Mobility Advantages of Cars
By Steve Levy | 13 comments | 2,118 views