Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jun 28, 2011
Fake? Or a sting/entrapment?
SPD has already apologized. Well, not really an apology.
"The department is very embarrassed that this happened," says Seattle Police Department Sergeant Sean Whitcomb. "We're incredibly grateful to the person that flagged down the bike officers and the woman who followed the patrol car around to let them know there was a rifle on the back of the car."
Ready to roll, looks like with two clips.
ALLLLLRIGHT ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the gameshow, "would you rather?!"
Here is your only question:
WOULD YOU RATHER?! have one of your town's officers driving around with a rifle ON the trunk,
have one of your town's officers driving around with a resident's golf clubs IN the trunk?!
the answer is up to you!
Actually, it's not up to you. HAHAHA.
I don't feel like anyone should have to choose between just those two options.
I'd like to live in a Town where no one has to wonder if an officer who might have refused to "go along to get along" was set up or "turned", and also a Town where fire arms are kept holstered for a lot less offensive and defensive purposes.
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Downtown Palo Alto gets its first juice shop
By Elena Kadvany | 4 comments | 2,102 views
Oom is Moo Spelled Backwards
By Laura Stec | 1 comment | 2,031 views
Beware Difficult Topic: Death of a Child
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 1,793 views
Where has our unstructured time gone?
By Jessica T | 0 comments | 1,419 views
No Two Exactly Alike
By Cheryl Bac | 2 comments | 1,041 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.