Posted by Angela Hey, a resident of the Portola Valley: Brookside Park neighborhood, on May 29, 2007 at 2:41 pm
1. If he's willing to pay for water for a green lawn that's his free choice - there's a market price for everything.
2. The utility companies need to meet the demand by investing in reservoirs, desalination, water storage, wells, etc.
3. His property may well be less flammable than one with oaks surrounding it.
4. Ivy is an exotic plant - its not recommended as a plant in Portola Valley, harbors rats and more.
5. It's great that he's tending the lawn and caring for it - the owner can thank him that he's not letting the lawn go to seed
6. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder - what you may think beautiful someone else may think ugly - having a beautiful garden brings peace and tranquility to a household
Make your neighbor feel great and welcome here! That's what makes a terrific neighborhood.