Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Nov 22, 2011
Why are we paying to hire a new officer, Bill Lane, to go to OAKLAND? When Atherton cops have helped out in other cities in recent months and years, I've heard the excuse that San Mateo county has a police emergency sharing program. But Oakland?
As for Officer Gomez, good job. Suggest getting a position within a police department that has not been disgraced, however.
That's great news that Officer Gomez did the job he was hired to do -- help the people of Atherton.
Now if only the rest of the department did the same thing....
Officer Gomez, I hope you see this post. WELL DONE SIR! I happen to know what it feels like to save a life and I am sure the first two posts here have not and can not take that great feeling away. My advice to everyone reading this--if you are not trained in CPR, take a course; you never know when it will make a difference.
You'd be wrong about that since I have saved a life and it wasn't part of my job to do it.
Not sure what prompted that nastiness from you. I just said Atherton residents should not be paying for Oakland's issues, and the department has suffered from disgraceful episodes. Both are true.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Teavana Palo Alto closes
By Elena Kadvany | 6 comments | 3,946 views
What Freshmen Should be Thinking About College
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 17 comments | 3,023 views
Sometimes the Rules Go Out the Window
By Cheryl Bac | 5 comments | 1,886 views
Waiting on the Edge of Death
By Chandrama Anderson | 6 comments | 1,396 views
Menlo Park Playing Nicely
By Paul Bendix | 0 comments | 245 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.