Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Dec 18, 2011
255 Oak Grove ? Does this Church sell stamps.
Editor's note: Good catch. The address is 655 Oak Grove Ave.
Since the current facility is owned by the Bohannon family, one might wonder what new bigger and higher building will replace this one.
According to Palo Alto online, the address of the building being sold in Palo Alto is 380 Hamilton. It is the beautiful (and giant) old post office. Sad.
The driving distance and traffic will be worse for the delivery trucks that have to thread their way through Palo Alto to Menlo Park
Will Atherton Post Office be closing then?
Good point Poor Dave. A nice place to put up a train station stop with commuter shops and offices.
The property is owned by the postal service not Bohannon. Maybe he will buy it. This would bring in needed property tax dollars. Also, the government is deliquent in the payment of services provided and collected through the tax rolls. These services have not been paid for since 2006.
This story says the post office will sell a "historic four-story building" in Palo Alto.
What building would that be? Or is this just sloppy reporting?
Editor's note: Thanks for the catch. That was an error.
1) They just finished fixing the roof and redoing the driveway at Bohannon - there goes those tax dollars down the drain!
2) Does it not seem like overkill that there will still be 3 post offices in a small city like MP? Seems to me more like they shouldn't replace Bohannon, should also close down the Avy Ave one, and simply expand Oak Grove (or re-locate it nearby), since it's the one that is always busy.
I got $5. that Bohannon buys it back,JACK!
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Draeger’s Los Altos eyes upgrades, expansion
By Elena Kadvany | 4 comments | 2,851 views
Housing is for People
By Steve Levy | 18 comments | 1,810 views
College Visit: Lehigh and Lafayette
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 4 comments | 1,272 views
Is Coffee a Date?
By Laura Stec | 10 comments | 622 views
Gratitude, Repairing and Avoiding Affairs
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 458 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.