Posted by Dharma, a resident of the Menlo Park: other neighborhood, on Dec 21, 2011 at 12:50 pm
Its not only the smell of a fireplace we need to stop, how about all those annoying energy wasting holiday lights, not to mention the dreaded smell of noble fir branches as christmas trees are carried about the state. Or candle soot (eight days!). And don't get me started on cinnamon and hot chocolate, arrghh!
Posted by Hmmm, a resident of another community, on Dec 21, 2011 at 2:52 pm
Ya'all, I agree w/the above posts in principle, but in actuality, smoke particulate matter is serious when there's no wind dispersing it - it's not about the scent at aqll. I was looking forward to celebrating the solstice w/my fire pit, but that's not to be. And I have some old cinnamon brooms to burn, which is a lovely odor! Instead, I'll be obeying the spare the air doctrine. What a bummer! I will be adding cinnamon to my hot chocolate, though - yeah, I'm a rebel that way.