Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Mar 29, 2012
I'll miss Toshi's sushi at Kaygetsu, but I'm glad he and Keiko found a next step they are happy with. My wife and I saw Steve at Kaygetsu occasionally, both with his family and work colleagues, and always found it refreshing that he was treated just like any other regular customer. At least the times we saw him, no one bothered him, and I'm sure he appreciated the chance for a great meal in normal circumstances.
I wish he had been treated with the same respect while trying to build the home in Woodside to live and die.
People were downright nasty.
Bob, at least, appears to be civilized as Jobs was.
Jobs wasn't particularly civilized - so pretending he was is plain weird.
I read this story in SFGate earlier, and their version made it seem as if Steve Jobs lured the owners away, leading to the restaurant's closing and sale. This version in the Almanac paints Steve in a different, more favorable, light.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
I Told My Mom She's Dying
By Chandrama Anderson | 10 comments | 2,327 views
Grab a Bowl of Heaven soon in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 1,524 views
Quick Check List for UC Applications
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 933 views
Fancy Fast and Fun!
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 840 views
“I live near Sunset”
By Stuart Soffer | 5 comments | 370 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.