Post a New Topic
Original post made
on May 8, 2012
Excellent news. While I am certainly not opposed to development, this was never really viable from the start. To every community and municipality that opposed this proposal publicly. Thanks......It is the way things are supposed to work. Of the People, for the People, by the people.......
Great news!! Thank you to all who opposed it!
Menlo Park Mayor, Kirsten Keith, needs to grow a pair if she wants to be a good, county supervisor. Not commenting on perhaps this county's biggest environmental issue - the Saltworks development, because the developer, DMB, has pulled out, tells me Kirsten will be a fence straddler. She's more than happy to give an interview to USA Today about new MP resident Facebook, though.
Good! It was a stupid idea.
On the one hand, to Cargill's withdrawal of this mega city within the Bay, I say -- it's about time!
***CHEERS! and congrats to those who opposed it.
2. What has been the impact of allowing such a long pendency of this proposal on the City of Redwood City. Looks like a lot of wasted time and attention on a plan everyone could see was DOA as it was way way too big with WAY too many severely harmful impacts. (E.g., anyone could see, even without an EIR that gridlock on 101 would result from putting so many homes so far from the transit corridor.) Thus, it seemed every City in the surrounding area opposed it.
JEERS to the Redwood City Councilpeople who, in their greed, stuck with this ridiculous proposal and allowed their City's staff time to be focused on it rather the many pressing things like getting more housing along the ACTUAL transit corridor.
Hopefully Redwood City will not make the same mistake twice, but Cargill seems hell bent on coming back with a "monster minus something" proposal, so stay tuned and keep your political ammo dry everyone.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Continuation of Office Cap Discussion
By Steve Levy | 17 comments | 3,329 views
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 1 comment | 2,390 views
Ramen shop replaces Muracciís in Los Altos
By Elena Kadvany | 10 comments | 2,218 views
"Itís Not About the Nail"
By Chandrama Anderson | 3 comments | 1,702 views
By Cheryl Bac | 0 comments | 1,218 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.