MP's Housing Element Fiasco
Original post made by wanting answers, Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park, on May 21, 2012
The public deserves some answers to questions like:
1. Why was the update delayed this long when it was known in the 1990s that the "current" document would end in 1999?
2. How could it get to the point, discussed as a vulnerability for years, that the city got sued and has to pay for the insult?
3. How does this agreement fit with the proposed ECR/DT plan?
4. Why did the city proceed with the Menlo Gateway, ECR/DT plan, Facebook approvals with the full knowledge that the entire General plan is out of date and might provoke reactions like this suit?
5. Whose responsibility was it to keep the city out of such trouble and ensure plans are addressed when they should? Will the responsible parties be fired (planning head, city lawyer?)
see city website for details in the staff report for tomorrow evening's meeting
Mixx, Scott's Seafood replacement, opens in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 13 comments | 3,543 views
Itís Not About The Officer Or The MomóItís About All Of Us
By Erin Glanville | 9 comments | 749 views