Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jul 24, 2012
Charging people for paper bags is just another tax. This isn't about the environment, this is about money and control.
You can't call plastic bags "single use" when most of us reuse these bags in our homes. True change doesn't come by forcing your morals and values onto the public, it comes from the individual. Forcing change never lasts.
Personally, I will continue to have my groceries delivered so I can avoid this nonsense all together.
This would really be a stupid law to pass. Then we would just have to PURCHASE plastic bags to throw our garbage away in. The plastic keeps the odors and leaks inside rather than soaking through paper bags. Also, it would just add an extra expense for consumers' grocery bills to have to purchase plastic bags for the same purpose. I would hate this law. Why must the community have to pass laws for every single thing, including regulating housekeeping? The plastic bags we are now given are very helpful to receive, and I save and re-use every single one of them!!
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Teavana Palo Alto closes
By Elena Kadvany | 6 comments | 3,773 views
What Freshmen Should be Thinking About College
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 17 comments | 2,637 views
Sometimes the Rules Go Out the Window
By Cheryl Bac | 5 comments | 1,816 views
Waiting on the Edge of Death
By Chandrama Anderson | 6 comments | 1,070 views
Menlo Park Playing Nicely
By Paul Bendix | 0 comments | 213 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.