Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Mar 26, 2013
Where did the $439 million come from? Gas taxes? Property taxes? Sales taxes? Did I pay for it even if I will never use it?
People's tunnel, indeed. The news reported the event was closed...CLOSED...to the public. How can a tunnel with public funds, public taxes on public land be closed to the public for its Grand Opening? More free Hoo-Haw for the elite.
The 1995 'devistating slide" would have had less impact if the voters would have approved widening highway 92! So more fossil fuels are burned polluting the environment in bumper to bumper traffic.
I see everyone is real happy as usual. Yes, I am sure that this is better than full road closures and long long commues for local working in SF etc. Yes, we all paid for it, more ways than one
I hate to troll ... [portion deleted. Discuss topics without attacks]. Did you really just complain that your tax dollars went to it, even though you'll never use it? Are you insane? I wasn't aware that you needed to use every single thing that was paid for by tax dollars. So I guess you should be allowed to drive a tank then? just because 14 cents of your tax dollars went there at some point.
This road makes a journey that has killed multiple people much safer, and perhaps you should drive on the new tunnel, it looks quite nice
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
I Told My Mom She's Dying
By Chandrama Anderson | 11 comments | 2,477 views
Grab a Bowl of Heaven soon in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 1,790 views
Quick Check List for UC Applications
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 1,212 views
Fancy Fast and Fun!
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 948 views
“I live near Sunset”
By Stuart Soffer | 5 comments | 474 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.