Post a New Topic
Original post made
by Curious, Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle,
on Oct 26, 2006
No its true. Heyward's wife is a professor at Stanford, and because of that, Heyward became involved in mobilizing internal Stanford communities to support and get soccer fields near Sand Hill Road.
Heyward's wife shared this story publicly during his kickoff attended by hundreds.
Thanks for the opportunity to recount this story again. Heyward Robinson was a graduate student and then research associate at Stanford during the 1980s and 1990s.Â During that time the field access for intramural and club sports teams diminished as individual varsity sports teams carved up the existing playing fields for their use. Heyward values broad access to playing fields very highly, and so took the initiative and led a successful grass roots effort to get Stanford to build the playing fields along Sand Hill Road. The crux of this story is that Menlo Park voters can trust Heyward to make playing fields for our kids a high priority.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Response to Arguments Against Measure B
By Steve Levy | 20 comments | 4,982 views
Palo Alto: Crawfish Fusion becomes Les Bizous
By Elena Kadvany | 4 comments | 2,706 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Express / Weekend Express
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2016 The Almanac
All rights reserved.