Post a New Topic
Original post made
on May 28, 2009
Now I know what Charles was talking about when he referred to "getting the schaaf"
The lack of transparency at Atherton Town hall has led to an anything goes attitude amongst both the City Council and the staff.
The attempt by Marsala to steal money from the Library District to feed a bloated beauracracy, pensions that our residents can neither afford nor do the town employees deserve and to pay lawers at $300 per hour to fend off lawsuits resulting from reckless behavior on the part of Town employees are cases in point.
It is time to throw the bums out and get a fresh start.
The only time Charles Marsala faced an opponent in an election he lost.
Councilman Marsala is on the City Council because, during his initial run at Council and at the time his seat was up for re election, nobody else was interested in serving.
In my opinion Mr.Marsala is the product of voter apathy, mediocracy at best, incompetence at worst.
With all due respect, it isn\'t a lack of transparency it is a lack of interest amongst the electorate that Atherton suffers from.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
I Told My Mom She's Dying
By Chandrama Anderson | 11 comments | 2,487 views
Grab a Bowl of Heaven soon in Mountain View
By Elena Kadvany | 0 comments | 1,804 views
Quick Check List for UC Applications
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 1,221 views
Fancy Fast and Fun!
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 950 views
“I live near Sunset”
By Stuart Soffer | 5 comments | 475 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.