Post a New Topic
Homeowners: Building department negligent
Original post made
on Aug 3, 2010
In the midst of a legal battle with her building contractor, Kimberly Sweidy is also taking on the town of Atherton's building department for passing inspections and ultimately signing off on a multimillion-dollar house that the couple is having to pour millions more into to make structurally sound and repair the many problems they've discovered since moving into it in the summer of 2007.
Read the full story here Web Link
posted Tuesday, August 3, 2010, 11:35 AM
Like this comment
Posted by Kimberly Sweidy
a resident of Atherton: West of Alameda
on Aug 21, 2010 at 10:02 pm
Can I be any more clear ..... you are the problem!
1) I don't care whether you like my methods. The Town left me no alternative. I will use every legitimate means to accomplish good for this community. Being "nice," doesn't accomplish anything here. That is a proven fact. Overthrowing a tyrannical regime cannot be done by debutantes.
2) Why do you think that it is appropriate to tell me that you don't care for my personality? Did I hire you to be my life coach? This is an all-too-common problem in our society, people erroneously believing that others actually care about their opinion followed by unsolicited advice. Let me be blunt, here, because this town, in fact, the entire country, is suffering from this ailment. You have absolutely no business making this type of comment to anyone. Period. No one. It is, pure and simple, an attempt at bullying another person. When you are not on firm moral or rational ground, you resort to "I don't like you," like an immature child. Now, let's add to your transgression that you are directing your remark to an intelligent, accomplished, principled woman of means. (Yahoo! my name if you haven't figured it out.) I am not conducting a junior high popularity contest. I do not suffer from neurotically low self-esteem. My body is not injected with chemicals because I am incapable of aging gracefully. Rather, I passed all my youthful beauty, such as it was, on to my two lovely daughters and endeavored to enter into the Age of Wisdom. I am good with that. I know who I am. And I am most certainly not looking for your approval. It is entirely obnoxious, arrogant and low class to opine on my personality. And I most certainly do not respect the opinion of people who are so misguided as to believe that it is appropriate, in a public forum, no less, to tell anyone that they "don't care for their personality." Why are you compelled to make these statements? What are you trying to accomplish? Stop It. Someone needed to tell you this a long time ago. In fact, you should have learned this at your mother's knee.
3) When did you try to tell me anything before? People on this forum are going to get the wrong idea that you and I have some sort of off-line communications. That is most certainly not true.
4) How nice to learn that you have seen every one of my permits. That means that Mr. Johns and I are correct. The system can be accessed. That is good news indeed.
5) Your signature is on some of them!? Well that is not good news for you. And it is disturbing to me that yet another Town of Atherton employee is demonstrating a concerning failure to engage in reality-based thinking. In other words, you are coming across very badly here. I have to be perfectly honest with you about that. Because I sense that you are on some life precipice right now, and I do want to steer you in the right direction. This is one of those days that you will remember all your life, the day when we separate the men from the boys. And you somehow know this. Choose wisely.
6) I have already made a written records request for all the documents on every permit on my property. If those running the Town choose to violate the law by withholding them, then nothing I say, nothing you say, is going to stop them.
7) You are trying to help me? You are actually a little scary. You start by insulting all of us, replete with bad grammar and misused and misspelled words including Messers (the word is Messrs, and is the plural of Mr. --- in case it's not visibly clear from the video --- I am a woman). You demand that I apologize to a man who damaged Atherton home building residents to the tune of millions of dollars. The statements you want me to apologize for were responsibly obtained from a Dean at the College of San Mateo. And the recent revelations, if true, do not at all change the fact that Mr. Wasmann is still unqualified to hold any position in the Building Department. You call Mr. Buckheit an idiot, and then you retract that statement without apology to Mr. Buckheit. Now you are implying that you have information that can assist us, but you are unwilling to go public, speak frankly, reveal your identity, etc. In short, you are unwilling to "do the right thing" (which Mr. Johns most certainly did).
8) "ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME NOW.......I am not your enemy.....I am trying to help you........" Suddenly you go all Woodward and Bernstein on us, acting out some Deep Throat fantasy you hold about yourself. You are, quite simply, another poorly educated Town of Atherton employee who is engaged in a conspiracy to defraud homeowners. You lecture people and call people names. Utilizing the theory, "The best defense is an offense," you accuse innocent people, victims, in fact, of wrongdoing, when you and Mr. Wasmann are the wrongdoers. You have the unmitigated gall and audacity to use the word "decent," when it is clear that you have not earned the privilege of invoking that word.
I end as I began, You Are The Problem!
Like this comment
Posted by Chrissy Spanoghe
a resident of another community
on Aug 22, 2010 at 11:56 am
"Different View" -
Please note this excerpt form the California Public Records Act:
"6252. As used in this chapter:
* (a) "State agency" means every state office, officer, department, division, bureau, board, and commission or other state body or agency, except those agencies provided for in Article IV (except Section 20 thereof) or Article VI of the California Constitution.
* (b) "Local agency" includes a county; city, whether general law or chartered; city and county; school district; municipal corporation; district; political subdivision; or any board, commission or agency thereof; other local public agency; or nonprofit entities that are legislative bodies of a local agency pursuant to subdivisions (c) and (d) of Section 54952.
* (c) "Person" includes any natural person, corporation, partnership, limited liability company, firm, or association.
* (d) "Public agency" means any state or local agency.
* (e) "Public records" includes any writing containing information relating to the conduct of the public's business prepared, owned, used, or retained by any state or local agency regardless of physical form or characteristics. "Public records" in the custody of, or maintained by, the Governor's office means any writing prepared on or after January 6, 1975.
* (f) "Writing" means handwriting, typewriting, printing, photostating, photographing, and every other means of recording upon any form of communication or representation, including letters, words, pictures, sounds, or symbols, or combination thereof, and all papers, maps, magnetic or paper tapes, photographic films and prints, magnetic or punched cards, discs, drums, and other documents.
* (g) "Member of the public" means any person, except a member, agent, officer, or employee of a federal, state, or local agency acting within the scope of his or her membership, agency, office, or employment. "
Also found here: Web Link
As Mr. Johns is is a "member of the public," he has every right to request public records. I suggest you get your facts straight before making assumptions.