BevMo will be back... sorry!
Original post made by Rita on Mar 18, 2007
GOM sent me a letter with their concerns along with a stamped postcard to send to the development office. They even included a stamp. GOM really did not want BevMo in their backyard.
1) Why the fuss? Character of Menlo Park?? We were hoodwinked into a Cold Stone franchise!! How would a BevMo add a different character to MP?
2) GOM (at least that wine store on El Camino) is worried about competition plain and simple. DON'T PRETEND this is about the character of MP. This is about the competition setting up shop in your backyard. Come on GOM... we're smarter than that!!!
3) Competition is the American way! Two words for GOM: free markets!
4) Wouldn't it be nice to have a well rounded shopping experience in Downtown MP? We already have a tacky Cold Stone franchise, a place to buy a baby stroller, a HUGE furniture store, a hardware store... why not a beverage store?
5) We (my friends and I) re-wrote the postcard that GOM sent us to support the BevMo.
A Perspective on Surf Air Approaches to San Carlos
By Stuart Soffer | 17 comments | 900 views
Smitten Ice Cream on its way to Los Altos Whole Foods
By Elena Kadvany | 3 comments | 861 views
Common Core And The Literary Classics: Supplementing Our Kids Education (By An Avowed Jane Austenophile)
By Erin Glanville | 6 comments | 857 views