Consolidating Menlo Park and Atherton
Original post made by Peter Carpenter on Aug 28, 2010
1) consolidate Menlo Park and Atherton
2) add in the adjacent unincorporated areas of San Mateo County
3) 1 City Council elected on the basis of fiscal responsibility
4) 1 police department or outsource to the Sheriff
5) add in ALL the schools which all located within the new city boundaries and have the City Council also serve as the Consolidated School Board with a Schools Committee
The result - Huge savings and clear accountability and responsibility.
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
Scott’s Seafood Mountain View to close, reopen as new concept
By Elena Kadvany | 12 comments | 3,644 views
Having A Hard Time Getting Your Child To Dive Into Their Summer Reading? Take A Trip To Bookopolis…
By Erin Glanville | 0 comments | 569 views