Suggestions for New Year's Resolutions?
Original post made by POGO, Woodside: other, on Dec 24, 2010
I'll be glad to take a shot:
1. That our elected officials will always respect their citizenry by conducting their business in public.
2. That our elected officials will not tolerate illegal or immoral acts by any official or employee; that they will have the integrity to "call it out" no matter how uncomfortable.
3. That our elected officials will respect all citizens and not subject them to crude or defamatory comments when they are seeking help.
4. That our elected officials will be as efficient with our tax dollars as they are with their own; that they will accurately represent our city and town's financial condition, act responsibility and restore fiscal sanity to our budgets.
5. Because citizens have no alternative but to listen to our elected officials drone on for hours at a time, we would hope they could at least pay attention and show appropriate respect to citizens who have made the effort to attend a city council meeting, mustered the courage to go up to the microphone and are allowed to speak for three whole minutes.
6. That our elected officials will respect personal property rights and resist imposing unreasonable limits or burdensome requirements on our properties.
Your suggested resolutions are welcome, whether I agree with them or not.
Company partners with Coupa Cafe to launch mobile payment app
By Elena Kadvany | 5 comments | 1,561 views