Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Feb 6, 2012
Really? Like this is news? Honestly, how about doing some investigative stories like Journalism school taught you?
This is not news.
In La Honda there are better things to report about, like the Cafe Cuest where the food is cheap and outstanding: made from scratch.
I'll second Mark's post that Cafe Cuesta has great food!
However, I live about a 1/4 mile from the mountain lion siting and I did appreciate hearing about it - it came out on the SMCAlert system. It makes a certain amount of sense to be aware when a predator that could eat my dog (or me, if my luck was truly bad) is in the immediate vicinity of my home.
My girlfriend saw a HUGE mountain lion sitting on the side of the road on 35 by Alice's last Wednesday and called 911 but it never made the SMCAlert system. They're out there, so be aware, and if you have a dog its probably a good thing, even if its just a little yapper.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Why I Became Active in Palo Alto Forward
By Steve Levy | 12 comments | 2,369 views
Early Decision Blues
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 0 comments | 2,027 views
What Are Menlo Park’s Priorities?
By Erin Glanville | 32 comments | 1,302 views
Death with Dignity
By Chandrama Anderson | 2 comments | 1,168 views
By Paul Bendix | 1 comment | 432 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.