Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Feb 29, 2012
[Comment removed; stick to the topic.]
The majority of Menlo Park voters approved HSR.
This expenditure is a waste. There is no doubt that Fergusson and Cline are behind this approval of a waste of funds.
Here is a joke:
What does boondoggle mean?
It stands for a group of residents who bought houses near the tracks and didn't understand what the implications were.
I can't support anything that gives the city more tax money if our defective city council insists on wasting money on lobbyists.
Something has to happen regarding unjustified high salaries... but that is for another topic.
Voters approved prop 1A with the idea it would cost $30B. Now it is $100B.
Voter approved prop 1A not knowing the ridership study was fraudulent and propped up numbers on false data.
The state controller, the budget office, the ca legislative office all have said the project is infeasible and should be either reconsidered, restarted or killed.
Thank gosh for the work people like Cline put in. I may not agree with in all the time, but this one he has right. So did Robinson, so does Fergusson and Cohen...
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Opening alert: Zola, in downtown Palo Alto
By Elena Kadvany | 1 comment | 3,662 views
Men Are Good For Three Things
By Laura Stec | 27 comments | 2,531 views
Storytime is Full
By Cheryl Bac | 4 comments | 879 views
Menlo Park – Close to the Action
By Paul Bendix | 0 comments | 414 views
Helping Local Veterans
By Erin Glanville | 0 comments | 97 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2014 The Almanac
All rights reserved.