Post a New Topic
Original post made
on May 31, 2012
The fundraising sport is now generally conceded to be the determinant of our elections, considering the amount of space the media devote to it. Since this suggests that elections are determined by the frequent half-truths and misleading hints about opponents, we could save a lot of money and cancel the voting. Just tote up the dollar total and the winner is: democracy is dead, because the electorate lacks adequate intelligence.
Golly, great idea.
Or we could publicly finance elections. Have politicians owe their 'favors' to the people who voted, not to those with the deepest pockets, whether they be corporate or union.
[Post removed. Content was lifted from another web site.]
Snore... just a cut and paste from Rev Syung Moon's mouthpiece, the Washington Times.
Unatttributed copyright infringement of Seth McLaughlin's material.
Are the editors leaving it up?
Shall we point out the inaccuracies by Rev Moon's blogger? or is it coming down anyway?
[Post removed. Content lifted from another web site.]
Dude does like to steal content, doen't he?
This time from a Murdoch paper, not Rev Moon
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Draeger’s Los Altos eyes upgrades, expansion
By Elena Kadvany | 4 comments | 2,768 views
Housing is for People
By Steve Levy | 18 comments | 1,747 views
College Visit: Lehigh and Lafayette
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 4 comments | 1,224 views
Is Coffee a Date?
By Laura Stec | 4 comments | 456 views
Gratitude, Repairing and Avoiding Affairs
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 393 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.