Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Oct 5, 2012
Can't make it. Hope there will be an article about it later detailing the candidates positions.
The candidate forum is being rescheduled. Watch for a new date early next week.
In the meantime, you can read the visions and opinions of all five Candidates for Menlo Park City Council regarding crucial transportation and land use issues that affect the environment, economy, and quality of life.
* Where should Menlo Park add new Housing in its housing element?
* How can Menlo Park make our Safe Routes to School programs more effective
* How can traffic congestion in Menlo Park be addressed in the upcoming revision of the city's General Plan?
* What should be the future of El Camino - 6 vehicle lanes, or adding sidewalk curb extensions and bike lanes
* What should be the city's goals for future zoning updates in the M2 industrial area near Facebook?
Read answers to these and more questions here: Web Link
Seems as though all the candidates want to put housing on El Camino. That's about the last street on El Camino that needs more traffic. Let's not fool ourselves about people taking the bus. They don't. It's way too slow. And Caltrain? It's great(a)if you're going to San Francisco(b)during commute hours. Otherwise, it's just another traffic impediment.
I don't see any of the candidates showing any understanding our appreciation of these issues, and one of them has served on the counci for two terms already!
I'd like to see just a glimmer of understanding from one of them. If you had housing, then you also need more schools, parks and recreational spaces, stores, No one is even talking about where the kids of these thousands of new residents are going to attend school; the MPCSD superintendant says the schools are at capacity. "Let's put more housing on El Camino is not the answer to any question.More problems, fewer answers, empty rhetoric from every candidate.
Thanks for the link, Adina.
[Post removed. Seems like a gratuitous attack.]
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Look at the week
By Cheryl Bac | 2 comments | 981 views
Developers and Development
By Steve Levy | 11 comments | 955 views
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 744 views
By Laura Stec | 6 comments | 707 views
What it's like to have a tween
By Jessica T | 0 comments | 527 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2013 The Almanac
All rights reserved.