Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Nov 8, 2012
Are the police working on artist sketches of the perps? Very scary.
how nervie, robbing a person in a park named after a Menlo Park Police Officer who died protecting the citizens of Menlo Park.
Who walks around at night in a park? Sounds like you are asking for trouble.
The Mercury-News says the victim was walking home from work when he was robbed. Curious that the Almanac makes it sound like the victim was playing in the park.
The tone of the last two posts is stunning. Does one have to be walking home from WORK to justify walking in a park at night? Even if he had been "playing," or enjoying the night sky, or chilling after a brutal 12-hour workday, so what? commuter's post smells of utilitarian thinking, and it makes me shudder.
And Annabelle, why are you blaming the victim? Even if he hadn't been walking home from work, why shouldn't he, or anyone, be able to walk around at night?
Everything involves risk (you could get mowed down in a crosswalk in broad daylight by a texting zombie behind the wheel), and I agree that thugs are more likely to do their dirty deeds shrouded by the cloak of night, but to blame the victim rather than the thug is appalling.
If you were a member and logged in you could track comments from this story.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Look at the week
By Cheryl Bac | 2 comments | 737 views
Developers and Development
By Steve Levy | 8 comments | 612 views
By Laura Stec | 6 comments | 542 views
By Chandrama Anderson | 0 comments | 518 views
By Paul Bendix | 0 comments | 343 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2013 The Almanac
All rights reserved.