Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Feb 3, 2013
When guns are totally ilegal, they'll be worth tens of thousands. But hurry in andsell your assault rifle for up to $200 now! Especially you criminals! lame
What happens to the guns after they are turned in? No one ever reports on that. My husband is willing to turn his guns in, but feels they will be resold.
"When guns are totally ilegal" In what Fox fantasy world will this happen?
"What happens to the guns after they are turned in?" In the last one I read about, they were melted down and used for rebar.
This is for folks who want to get rid of guns needlessly lying around the house. It won't 'fix' everything, but is a good thing.
Why would anyone in our community prefer that unwanted guns be sitting in someone's house?
There are many gun dealers that will sell the firearms on consignment. The ones turned in are getting pennies on the dollar. Such a waste. Not one 'bad guy' will show up, but there will simply more unarmed citizens as potential mugging victims. Shooting is an olympic sport. Embrace the diversity of a gun owner.
The Consumer product safety commission reportes that an Average of 137 children 15 and under die annually and 168 additional have near fatal incidents with life long injuries. Why not focus on real theats.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Cho's Los Altos finally opens
By Elena Kadvany | 25 comments | 4,939 views
College Touring Tips
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 4 comments | 4,203 views
Eggs and Bacon Walk Into a Bar
By Laura Stec | 5 comments | 1,425 views
Blood on the Tracks
By Paul Bendix | 5 comments | 1,017 views
Gifts (that are not bought)
By Chandrama Anderson | 1 comment | 961 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.