Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jul 9, 2013
Thanks for bringing attention to the plight of Chloe's Tree on July 9th and the additional McMansion-ization of this unincorporated West Menlo Park community. I don't think this neighborhood has been modernized so much as it has been over-sprawled. Some larger lots have appropriately bigger houses but most lots are minimum sized and now even undersized lots are being overbuilt. The county seems not to mind and approves whatever builders ask for. Speaking for myself, we in the community feel unrepresented by any local government.
Menlo Park has gutted their tree protection program. The last report of approvals/rejections posted on the city website is from 2012. It indicates that they basically rubber stamp requests to remove trees for any reason whatsoever. I asked the city why they no longer keep the web site up to date and they cited budgetary reasons. Pretty sad for a town that has an oak tree as their symbol.
Perry Lane has been surpassed as the epicenter of Merry Prankster behavior. The new epicenter is now Pope Street in the Willows.
Ken - Intriguing comment. How is Pope the new Perry? Are the retired Merry Pranksters who're still alive living there?
Try the County for the location of the tree. Don't believe it is in the city jurisdiction.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Freebirds Palo Alto shutters, Pieology to move in
By Elena Kadvany | 9 comments | 2,800 views
"Itís Not About the Nail"
By Chandrama Anderson | 4 comments | 1,928 views
Deny the 429 Univ Ave Project Appeal
By Steve Levy | 7 comments | 1,140 views
Now Playing - Your Dinner!
By Laura Stec | 0 comments | 851 views
Water War & Peace
By Paul Bendix | 1 comment | 279 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.