Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Jul 17, 2013
I think a reasonable comprise would be for Micrea to build this oversized spec house in Hayward and to reimburse the neighbors for their legal fees.
Why on GGE did the City Attorney shut down public comment? Again, the City showing a total lack of regard for public input giving favoritism to Developers
McClure and Sinnott are old buddies; McClure's office is in a building which is owned jointly by a group of which McClure and Sinnott's wife father are part owners.
Yes, Bill McClure is apparently in practice (legal) with Sinnott's father-in-law.
Think about this mystery of why? Follow the money - who has it and who doesn't. Who stands to gain excessive profits and who simply spends to defend a quality of life.
Answer that question and you will be disgusted.
The city has been hijacked by developers. You only need to try and survive a developer-led construction project on your block to know. They are rude, aggressive, unethical and messy.
I have been physically threatened by developers when asking them to act like the neighbors they claim to be.
The proof of this hijacking is simply to ask a few questions;
1. Why is the fine for an unauthorized heritage tree removal so nominal?
2. Why does it now cost money if you desire to object to a heritage tree removal?
3. Why does the city not enforce the signage code (code intended to prevent advertising in our neighborhoods)?
4. Why does the city not enforce job site cleanliness and dust control measures at jobsites?
5. How much money do the developers contribute directly and indirectly to various programs?
Please be reminded that the local realtors are complicit as well -- they would much rather sell to a developer than to an individual desiring to live there. The realtor know that when sold to a developer that there will be a subsequent sale at roughly 2x the first sale. GREED BEGETS GREED.
Our city is destined for complete ruin if steps aren't taken to eliminate this.
How many driveways does each lot need?
Is it not the City's responsibility to look out for the greater good of the community?
"How many driveways does each lot need?"
Well originally there were only 9 lots on Louise. However via lot splits and flag lots there are now 12 lots not counting the two that also face Santa Cruz. As a result of lot splits and flag lots Lot 1 in the original subdivision now has 4 driveways.
What doesn't Sam Sinnott pack up his bag (along with his sleazy development practices) and move to another City? He would fit in better elsewhere.
"What doesn't Sam Sinnott pack up his bag (along with his sleazy development practices) and move to another City?"
What an interesting approach to finding a compromise!
Who else would you like to throw out of MP?
His compromise was to threaten to sue the city. That seems like an even more interesting approach to finding a compromise. Personally I wouldn't like to throw him out because I wouldn't want to get that close to him.
I guess when this much extra money is at stake it's worth it so sue. Perhaps you are his lawyer.
Sam Sinnott probably believes (like so many other developers) that he is improving the neighborhood and improving the property value. It all comes back to the developers love of money - more, more, more.
It's too bad that you don't have the opportunity to live next to Sam Sinnott's project.
" Perhaps you are his lawyer."
As noted above, I do not know him and have never met him.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Teavana Palo Alto closes
By Elena Kadvany | 7 comments | 4,123 views
What Freshmen Should be Thinking About College
By John Raftrey and Lori McCormick | 17 comments | 3,305 views
Waiting on the Edge of Death
By Chandrama Anderson | 7 comments | 1,836 views
Welcome Back Sugar Addict
By Laura Stec | 3 comments | 1,661 views
Menlo Park Playing Nicely
By Paul Bendix | 1 comment | 352 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.