Post a New Topic
Original post made
by Bob Heinen, Menlo Park: Felton Gables,
on Oct 25, 2007
Caltrain spokesman Jonah Weinberg told the Almanac that an air hose failed on a passenger train yesterday, Oct. 24, at about 5 p.m. The disabled train was moved off the main line at about 6 p.m.
Between 5 and 6 p.m., northbound and southbound trains took turns using the remaining track, Mr. Weinberg said. Train service returned to the normal schedule at about 9 p.m.
The Almanac will update this post when more information becomes available.
In an update to the Oct. 24 evening incident involving a stopped train in Menlo Park, Caltrain spokesman Jonah Weinberg said that when the train lost the function of an air hose, it happened to stop moving while traversing Encinal Avenue.
The hour-long delay partially blocked the intersection, which required police presence to direct traffic. A unit from the Menlo Park Police Department and one from the San Mateo County Transit Police stayed on site until the disabled train was moved to a siding, Mr. Weinberg said.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: * Not sure?
- Atherton: Lindenwood
- Atherton: Lloyden Park
- Atherton: other
- Atherton: West Atherton
- Atherton: West of Alameda
- Menlo Park: Allied Arts/Stanford Park
- Menlo Park: Belle Haven
- Menlo Park: Central Menlo Park
- Menlo Park: Downtown
- Menlo Park: Fair Oaks
- Menlo Park: Felton Gables
- Menlo Park: Linfield Oaks
- Menlo Park: Menlo Oaks
- Menlo Park: other
- Menlo Park: Park Forest
- Menlo Park: Sharon Heights
- Menlo Park: South of Seminary/Vintage Oaks
- Menlo Park: Stanford Hills
- Menlo Park: Stanford Weekend Acres
- Menlo Park: Suburban Park/Lorelei Manor/Flood Park Triangle
- Menlo Park: The Willows
- Menlo Park: University Heights
- Portola Valley: Brookside Park
- Portola Valley: Central Portola Valley
- Portola Valley: Ladera
- Portola Valley: Los Trancos Woods/Vista Verde
- Portola Valley: other
- Portola Valley: Portola Valley Ranch
- Portola Valley: Westridge
- Portola Valley: Woodside Highlands
- Woodside: Emerald Hills
- Woodside: Family Farm/Hidden Valley
- Woodside: Kings Mountain/Skyline
- Woodside: Mountain Home Road
- Woodside: other
- Woodside: Skywood/Skylonda
- Woodside: Woodside Glens
- Woodside: Woodside Heights
- Woodside: Woodside Hills
- Belle Haven Elementary
- Corte Madera School
- Encinal School
- Hillview Middle School
- James Flood Magnet School
- La Entrada School
- Las Lomitas School
- Laurel School
- Menlo-Atherton High School
- Oak Knoll School
- Ormondale School
- Willow Oaks Elementary
- Woodside High School
- Woodside School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Freebirds Palo Alto shutters, Pieology to move in
By Elena Kadvany | 10 comments | 2,924 views
Deny the 429 Univ Ave Project Appeal
By Steve Levy | 7 comments | 1,201 views
Now Playing - Your Dinner!
By Laura Stec | 0 comments | 884 views
A Day Like Any Other
By Cheryl Bac | 2 comments | 423 views
Water War & Peace
By Paul Bendix | 1 comment | 295 views
Home & Real Estate
Shop Menlo Park
Send News Tips
Circulation & Delivery
Palo Alto Online
Mountain View Voice
© 2015 The Almanac
All rights reserved.