A few months ago, on August 1st and August 15th, both a Wednesday, a City-wide BLOCK PARTY was offered in Downtown Menlo Park along Santa Cruz Avenue.
The question is, should another one be offered this coming year - 2008? If so, what would YOU like it be? Here are some questions, as follows:
1) Like this year, should it be offered only in one month, such as August, or should it be offered at other times?
2) Does a work day, such as Wednesday work well for you, or should it be on a Friday or Saturday evening?
3) Do you like the idea of having merchant's "booths" available, or should it be a simple event with just restaurants and socializing?
4) Four different bands provided different types of music along the six block area of Santa Cruz Ave. Did you like that?
5) Are there any other "planning" ideas you'd like to share, in order to make next year's city-wide BLOCK PARTY even more successful?
Seems like Menlo Park is not the only community offering these events. Around the Bay Area other cities have found them popular. They do seem to foster a sense of "community" and helps to build "civic pride". Both concepts seem like they are strong values and may be important for this small and special place on earth called Menlo Park.