Here's a Jan. 22 e-mail from Kepler's bookstore in Menlo Park:
On June 1, 2006, Kepler's launched its Book Club program, and over 100 book clubs have registered their clubs with Kepler's. Better yet, you suggested that Kepler's devote an entire section showcasing the books being read by your book clubs. Thanks to you, this is now our most widely viewed area in the store.
Have You Signed Up Your Book Club? Kepler's invites you to register your Book Club with our store. As a registered Book Club you will receive these benefits:
¬ē 15% discount on orders of five or more books (same title)
¬ē Monthly email on Book Club picks, Book Club news and Recent Reviews
¬ē We can arrange Author call-ins for your Book Club
¬ē Your Book Club will be invited to our Seasonal Book Club Presentations, hosted by our Book Buyers and major book publishers
To register visit Web Link
Mark Your Calendar for March 12: Staff Recommendation Night
Monday, March 12th -- 7:30 p.m.-9 p.m. at Kepler's. Our staff will present book club picks and their favorite new books. Refreshments and dessert will be served. Advance reader copies for book club leaders (while supplies last).
RSVP for this event with Pam@keplers.com.
See What Fellow Kepler's Customers are Reading
Your top favorite adult titles for 2006 included:
* Snow Flower & The Secret Fan by Lisa See
* The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
* The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
* Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
* Snow by Orhan Pamuk
* Funny In Farsi by Firoozeh Dumas
* Innovations by Curtis R. Carlson
* An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore
* The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan [author coming to Kepler's in June!]
* Dream Weaver by Jack Bowen