While our leaders are deciding what government can do to stem global warming, there are things we, the people, can do. The big question is, what are we willing to sacrifice so that our country and planet are viable for our children?
So here is a starter list, maybe others can add to it.
* install solar panels
* rediscover the clothes line
* walk and bike, take public transit, carpool
* install programmable thermostats
* use flourescent light bulbs
* shop locally
* plant more trees and native plants
* shop strategically, support eco-friendly businesses and products
* encourage transit, bike and pedestrian oriented housing and other developments