GOM sent me a letter with their concerns along with a stamped postcard to send to the development office. They even included a stamp. GOM really did not want BevMo in their backyard.
1) Why the fuss? Character of Menlo Park?? We were hoodwinked into a Cold Stone franchise!! How would a BevMo add a different character to MP?
2) GOM (at least that wine store on El Camino) is worried about competition plain and simple. DON'T PRETEND this is about the character of MP. This is about the competition setting up shop in your backyard. Come on GOM... we're smarter than that!!!
3) Competition is the American way! Two words for GOM: free markets!
4) Wouldn't it be nice to have a well rounded shopping experience in Downtown MP? We already have a tacky Cold Stone franchise, a place to buy a baby stroller, a HUGE furniture store, a hardware store... why not a beverage store?
5) We (my friends and I) re-wrote the postcard that GOM sent us to support the BevMo.
This story contains 202 words.
If you are a paid subscriber, check to make sure you have logged in. Otherwise our system cannot recognize you as having full free access to our site.
If you are a paid print subscriber and haven't yet set up an online account, click here to get your online account activated.