I was very sad to learn that Atherton Police Dog Lotty died recently due to ingesting a poisonous plant.
This is a terrible thing to happen to any living thing. I also know Atherton spent a great deal of money acquiring, training and maintaining this service dog, in addition to extra salary paid to her handler, Officer Dean DeVlugt.
I would like to know whether Lotty ate this poisonous plant while "on duty" or "off duty"?
I'm not aware of any such wild plants in Atherton backyards. If she did this while "off duty" with her handler, I think greater care should have been taken by Officer Dean DeVlugt to prevent this.