If Measure B is approved, the way that members of the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors are elected will change. Instead of all the supervisors being voted on by all registered voters in the county, approval of Measure B would mean that henceforward, members of the Board of Supervisors would be elected just by the voters in his or her specific district.
▪ The official voter guide arguments opposing Measure B were signed by:
▪ Rose Jacobs Gibson, a member of the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors
▪ Carole Groom, a member of the San Mateo County Board of Supervisors
▪ Rosanne S. Foust, Member, City Council, City of Redwood City
▪ Ruth K. Nagler, Past President, City of San Mateo League of Women Voters
▪ Greg Munks, Sheriff
▪ Anna G. Eshoo, Member of Congress
▪ Jackie Speier, Member of Congress
Note: Supervisors Rose Jacobs Gibson and Carole Groom were both appointed not elected by the voters. They both have benefited from the appointment.