Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Kidnapping report: Possible parental abduction, Encinal School at 195 Encinal Ave., Dec. 17.
• Menlo Park 7-Eleven at 525 Oak Grove Ave., Dec. 18.
• Unauthorized use of credit card, Camino Al Lago, Dec. 18.
Residential burglary reports:
• Loss estimated at $6,900 in break-in and theft of cash and jewelry, 1300 block of Almanor Ave., Dec. 23.
• Loss estimated at $2,185 in break-in and theft of computer, video game player and games, and Apple iPad, 200 block of Hedge Road, Dec. 21.
• Attempted burglary interrupted with the arrest of Heather Nielsen, 27, on burglary charges, first block of Greenwood Place, Dec. 23.
Commercial burglary report: Loss estimated at $14 in break-in and theft of nine checks and a company stamp, 1100 block of El Camino Real, Dec. 20.
Grand theft report: Loss estimated at $3,300 in theft of 11 leaf blowers, 1100 block of O'Brien Drive, Dec. 20.
• Cashing of bad check for $562 attempted, La Michoacana Market at 1305 Willow Road, Dec. 21.
• Loss of $189 in unauthorized use of credit card, 1000 block of Marcussen Drive, Dec. 22.
• Two fraudulent bank accounts opened in resident's name, 2400 block of Sharon Oaks Drive, Dec. 20.
Fraud report: Resident lost wallet in Oakland and suspects that new bank cards were stolen from mailbox after learning of fraudulent charges to bank account.