Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary report: Loss estimated at minimum of $67,000 in break-in and theft of several pieces of antique furniture and horse saddle from garage, 1000 block of Portola Road, April 2.
Theft report: Air compressor stolen from gas station, 17000 block of Skyline Blvd., April 6.
Residential burglary reports:
• Loss estimated at $50,625 in break-in and theft of jewelry box, engagement ring, pearl necklace, video recorder and camera, 1300 block of Elder Ave., April 1.
• Loss estimated at $1,840 in break-in and theft of laptop computer, video game player, games and backpack, 1100 block of Berkeley Ave., April 5.
Fraud report: Loss of $9,143 in unauthorized use of debit card, 1000 block of Marcussen Drive, April 1.
Grand theft report: Loss estimated at $3,980 in theft of $600 in cash and jewelry box containing bracelets, clock on chain, rings and necklace, 300 block of Sharon Park Drive, April 6.
Auto burglary report: Window smashed and loss estimated at $200 in theft of cell phone, first block of Iris Lane, April 2.
Spousal abuse report: Main police station at 701 Laurel St., April 1.
Auto burglary reports:
• Window smashed and briefcase and phone stolen, first block of Fairfax Ave., April 5.
• Window smashed and property taken, first block of Belleau Ave., April 5.
• Unauthorized use of Social Security numbers, first blocks of Lane Place and Melanie Lane, April 1 and 5.
• Granny scam in which caller seeks electronic transfer of funds by purporting to be grandchild or representative of grandchild, 100 block of James Ave. and Fairview Ave., April 5 and 7.
• Fraudulent request for funds transfer to Canada, Walsh Road, April 6.
• Identity theft, Bassett Lane, April 5.