Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
• Loss estimated at $4,000 in theft of parcel containing two sport coats, five pairs of slacks, and 11 shirts and delivered to front porch, Valparaiso Ave., Sept. 30.
• Loss estimated at $1,570 in theft of GPS unit, leather gloves, two helmets, and mobile phone accessory from motorcycle, Sharon Park Drive, Oct. 2.
• Loss estimated at $50 in what witness said was someone taking all Daily Post newspapers from downtown Menlo Park newspaper racks and putting them into trunk of Mercedes, Santa Cruz Ave. and Doyle St., Sept. 30.
Auto burglary report: Loss estimated at $2,350 in theft of gardening tools from bed of pickup truck parked in driveway, Hollyburne Ave., Oct. 5.
Residential burglary reports:
• Loss estimated at $100 in beak-in and theft of camera from table near door while resident was busy elsewhere in house, Live Oak Ave., Sept. 30.
• Door knob and lock damaged in attempt to break into locked laundry room of apartment complex, Ravenswood Ave., Oct. 4.
• Loss of $613 in unauthorized use of credit card, Hedge Road, Oct. 4.
• Two bogus checks discovered by bank, which stopped payment so no loss, Hamilton Ave., Oct. 4.
Adult Protective Service report: 900 block of Oak Lane, Oct. 2.
Theft report: Apple iPad stolen and tracked to Modesto using subscription tracking service, Roan Place, Sept. 28.
Theft report: Loss estimated at $500 in theft of laptop computer from unlocked van, Dedalera Drive, Sept. 27.
• Apple iPad stolen, Menlo Circus Club at 190 Park Lane, Sept. 30.
• Cell phone stolen during football game, Menlo-Atherton High School at 555 Middlefield Road, Oct. 4.
• Red mountain bike stolen, Middlefield Road, Oct. 4.
• Laptop stolen, Valparaiso Road, Oct. 6.
• Wallet stolen, Valparaiso Road, Oct. 6.
Stolen vehicle report: Vehicle stolen from driveway, Nora Way, Oct. 4.