Police CallsThis information is from the Atherton and Menlo Park police departments and the San Mateo County Sheriff's Office. Under the law, people charged with offenses are considered innocent until convicted.
Residential burglary reports:
• Losses estimated at $11,000 in entry through unlocked rear door and theft of jewelry and two computers, Sonoma Ave., Dec. 15.
• Losses estimated at $1,000 in break-in through locked window and theft of pistol and jewelry, Pierce Road, Dec. 13.
• Loss estimated at $200 in theft of sewing machine from open garage, Lennox Ave., Dec. 11.
• Loss estimated at $3,500 in theft of laptop computer, 2800 block of Sand Hill Road, Dec. 11.
• Losses estimated at $2,000 in theft of two locked bikes from gated garage, Hoover St., Dec. 10.
• Loss estimated at $800 in theft of smart phone from bag at gym, Pope St., Dec. 11.
• Loss estimated at $550 in theft of bike and accessories from underground parking garage, Hoover St., Dec. 11.
• Loss of $1,440 in unauthorized use of debit card, Sharon Park Drive, Dec. 10.
• Loss of $900 in cashing fraudulent money order, Hopkins St., Dec. 12.
• Loss of $225 in unauthorized use of debit card, Clover Lane, Dec. 13.
• Loss of $110 in unauthorized cashing of stolen check, Carlton Ave., Dec. 12.
Stolen vehicle report: Silver 2005 Honda Civic, Santa Cruz Ave., Dec. 15.
• Loss of $5,053 in wiring money to Mexico in response to phony story about nephew being in jail in Guadalajara, Dumbarton Ave., Dec. 12.
• Loss of $200 in unauthorized use of debit card, Northridge Lane, Dec. 14.
Theft report: Ten green plants stolen, Atherton Ave., Dec. 15.
Stolen vehicle report: Toyon Road, Dec. 13.